The new town of Gandhidham is located in the direct vicinity of the Major Port of Kandla. The master plan for the above was prepared by M/s Adams Howard and Greeley, American Town Planners under President Truman’s point 4 programme. The planning has been based on concept of the Neighborhood units and there are separate and distinct zones for the light and heavy Industries, Offices and Business. The plan covers an area of 5600 acres and it was approved by the Government of India under letter No. 3-PII (4)/51 dated 20.07.1951.
In between Gandhidham and the nearest town of Anjar and other villages there are large virgin and agricultural lands where certain sale transactions took place after development started at Gandhidham. This is likely to cause haphazard construction of buildings and lopsided development of the township. It was, therefore, considered necessary to undertake the legislation for preventing and controlling this haphazard development. The bill was passed by the Bombay State Assembly in the year 1957.
The approved Master plan covers 5600 acres and the town is located about six miles from the port. Between the port and township it is tidal mud water which gets sub-merged at high water level Between township and Anjar town, the Tuna there are vast agricultural lands. The area over which the control is to be exercised is b about 13 miles from the Kandla Port and covers an area of 170 sq. miles (1,08,800 Acres).
Passing of the Bill.
The bill was introduced in the Legislative Assembly in 1957. it was passed by the Legislature in 1957 and received assent of the president on 09.02.1958, when it became an Act. It was published in the Bombay Government Gazette dated 13.02.1958 and Act came into force on 07.08.1958, the date specified by the State Government vide their Resolution No. TPS-3858-M dated 31.07.1958 published on P 350 of part IVB of the Bombay Government Gazette extraordinary issue dated 17.08.1958.
The Authority was constituted by the State Government under their Resolution No. TPS-3858(a) dated 08.08.1958 published in the Bombay Government Gazette part IVB, Extraordinary issue dated 11.08.1958. The GDA was created on 818/958.
FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
- The Authority with a view to the proper laying out of land, the prevention of haphazard erection of building and growth of sub-standard colonies and generally with a view to developing and expanding Gandhidham according to proper planning may, by notification in the Official Gazette, issue in relation to Gandhidham or any area thereof, such directions as it may consider necessary.
- Without prejudice to the generally of the foregoing power, but regard being had to the objects therein mentioned the Authority may, in particular, issue direction in relation to all or any of the following matters, that is to say-
- The division or sub-division of any site into plots for the erection of buildings, and the manner in which such plots may be allowed to intending purchasers or lessees;
- The allotment or reservation of land for roads, open spaces, gardens, recreation grounds, schools, markets and other public purposes;
- The development of any site into a colony and the restriction and conditions subject to which such development may be undertaken or carried out;
- The erection of building on any site and the restrictions and conditions in regard to the open spaces to be maintained in or around buildings, and the height and character of buildings;
- The alignment of building on any site;
- The architectural features of the elevation or frontage of any building to be erected on any site;
- The number of residential buildings which may be erected on any site;
- The amenities to be provided in relation to any site or building on such site, whether before or after the erection of building, and the person or Authority by whom such amenities are to be provided.
- The prohibition or restrictions regarding erection of shops, workshops, warehouses or factories, or building of a specified architectural feature or buildings designed for particular purposes in any locality;
- The regulation of use of any land for purposes of charcoal-kiln, pottery-kiln or lime-kiln or brick field or brick-kiln;
- The maintenance of walls, fences, hedges or any other structural or architectural construction and the height at which they shall be maintained;
- The restriction regarding the use of any site for purposes other than the erection of buildings; and
- Any other matter, which in the opening of the Authority, is necessary for the proper planning of Gandhidham and for preventing buildings being erected haphazardly therein.
|Sr. No.||Name of Post||Nature of duties to be performed by the holder of post.|
|1.||Chairman||He shall be in overall charge and control of the office.|
He shall conduct the Board meetings; issue/refuse the permissions/occupancy certificates. To approve the payments. Appointment of Staff, legal advisor, Architect etc. He shall be in overall charge and control of the office.
To prepare agenda notes & minute’s notes of Board Meeting as per instructions received from Secretary GDA and put to the Secretary, He shall assist the Secretary in his functions, scrutiny of cases of permission and occupancy certificate and put to Secretary for approval, attending to complicated cases of permissions, sign the letters to applicant for modification of plans, to attend the applicants, attending to the work pertaining to the laying out of land within the Master plan and areas lying outside it, attending to other general technical/general work such as correspondence on technical/general matters, Right to Information work, etc other routine work, any other work that may be entrusted by the Secretary. He shall be in overall charge and control to the staff.
He shall assist the Assistant Secretary in his functions, site inspection rounds, Scrutiny of cases of permissions/refusal permissions/occupancy certificates/show cause notices /Demolition orders / References put up by the Supervisors, Preparation of draft Directions to be issued under Section 6 of the Act, guidance to the Supervisor and the Tracer in their work. Scrutiny of cases referred to the Architect by the Supervisor, attending to the work pertaining to the laying out of land within the Master plan and areas lying outside it. Any other work that may be entrusted by the Assistant Secretary.
|3.||Stenographer Grade II.||Taking of Dictation, typing work, any other work that may be entrusted by the Secretary or Assistant Secretary.|
Detailed inspection for un-authorized works and submission of reports, maintaining of register regarding information of permissions/occupancy certificates, referring of cases of permissions to the Architect, processing cases of permissions under Section 8 of the Act, Conducting site inspections for applications received for permissions and for completing the register referred to above, attending to other general technical work such as correspondence on technical matters etc.
(9) Any other work that may be entrusted by the Asst. Secretary.
|5.||Senior Accounts Clerk.||(1) Accounts work.
(2) Establishment work.
(3) Compilation of Agenda for meetings and preparation of draft items relating to his work.
(4) Maintenance of following Registers
(1) Stationery Register. (2) Stores Register. (3) Register of account sale of copies of Directions and Regulations. (4) Demolition orders Register. (5) Inward Register. (6) Outward Register (7) Dak delivery book (8) Postage stamp register (9) Register regarding cases referred to the Architect. (10) Register regarding cases referred to the L.A. (11) Permission register (12) Application (13) Ice Purchase register (14) Library register (15) Gazette register (16) Register of stock of receipt books, (17) Typing work as and when so asked by the Asst. Secy. (18) Any other work that may be entrusted by the Asst. Secy.
|8.||Jr. Clerk||1. Keeping of the records in nice order and maintenance of registers there of.
2. Maintenance of register of (1) Currents files (2) Register of closed file(3) Closed files issue register.
3. Assisting the S. Sup. In his work such as drafting of refusal permissions etc.
4. To do typing work as and when so asked by the A.S.
5. Putting up reminders.
6. Coping and comparing work.
7. Any other work that may be entrusted by the Asst. Secy.
|9.||Peon cum Driver||1. To perform duties of peon.
2. To Drive the car,
3. Any other work that may be entrusted by the Asst. Secy.
|10.||Peon cum Khalashi||1. To deliver Dak.
2. To accompany inspecting staff for site inspection work.
3. To close the files.
4. To go for inspection rounds.
5. To open and close the office.
6. To clean the office etc.
7. Other miscellaneous work.
8. Any other work that may be entrusted by the Asst. Secy.
Approximately all the powers are delegated by the Authority to the Chairman and Secretary. However, whenever any policy decision is to be taken or any complicated mater comes, the matter is being placed before the Board of Authority & decision is arrived in the meeting. Thereafter action is being taken as per the decision taken by the Authority.
If need be, sometimes matters are referred to Government of Gujarat, Urban Development and Urban Housing Department for necessary decisions.
The permission for erection of building is being granted/refused under Section 8(2) of Gandhidham (Development & Control on Erection of Buildings) Act, 1957
After receipt of application in prescribed form for erection of building/ Addition & Alteration to a building/ Change in layout plan, the plan received along with application is being scrutinized as per Directions issued by the GDA. If the plan is found in order as per GDA norms, the permission for erection of building/change in layout plan is being granted/ refused.
After receipt of application in prescribed form for issue of Occupancy Certificate, the site is got inspected and if the work carried out is found in order as per the approved plan, an Occupancy Certificate is being issued.
Any amendment proposed to be made in regulation by the GDA, the same is to be sent to the Government of Gujarat for approval. After receipt of approval from Government of Gujarat, the same got published in the Gujarat Government Gazette.
The Gandhidham (Development & Control on erection of Buildings) Act, 1957 was published by the Bombay Government Gazette. Thereafter some amendments were done by the Government of Gujarat. An up to date copy of the said Act is available in the office of the Authority for reference please.
The Government of Gujarat had made regulations under Section 31 of GDA Act. The same can be amended by the Authority with approval of Government. Up to date copy of regulations is available in the office of the Authority for reference please.
The Directions are issued by the Authority under Section 6 of the Gandhidham (Development & Control on erection of Buildings) Act, 1957 and are being amended from time to time after inventing objections/suggestions.A complete set of Directions with amendments is available in office of the Authority and can be had on payment from the Authority.
In the said set of Directions all the buildings bye-laws & other details are mentioned in the said set of Directions which facilitate the Engineer to prepare the plans for approval of Authority according to said Directions.
- The Gandhidham (Development & Control on erection of Buildings) Act, 1957.
- Regulations made under Section 31 of the Gandhidham (Development & Control on erection of Buildings) Act, 1957.
- The Directions issued under Section 6 of the Gandhidham (Development & Control on erection of Buildings) Act, 1957.
- Development Control Regulations with respect of Structural Safety.
|STATE GOVERNMENT OFFICERS|
|1.||The District Magistrate and Collector Kutch||Ex-Officio Member||Shri Dilip Kumar Rana,IAS||Chairman||02832-250020|
|2.||The District Health Officer||Ex-Officio Member||Dr. Jannak Kumar Madhak||Member||—|
|3.||The Assistant Collector, Anjar Kutch||Secretary GDA||Shri Mehul Desai, GAS||Secretary||09427209100|
|CENTRAL GOVERNMENT OFFICERS|
|1.||The Chief Engineer Kandla Port Trust||Shri R Murugadoss||Member|
|2.||The Secretary Kandla Port Trust||Shri C. Haarichandran||Member|
|3.||The Development Commissioner. Kandla Special Economic Zone||Shri Dipakbhai Zala||Member||02836-253300|
Five non official members are being appointed by the State Government. At present no order received from the State Government for non official members from 02-08-2007.
Since there is presence of State Government Officers, Central Government Officers and Non Official (Public Members), therefore there seems no need of other public officers/ public persons. However all the matter regarding grant of permission are first referred to the Honorable Consultant Architect before granting permission by the Authority.
The Minutes of all the meetings of the GDA, Act, Regulations, Directions and Gandhidham Development Control Rules are available in the office of Authority are accessible for public during office hours.
The details of phones etc of the Officers & employees of the GDA are given here under:
|Sr. No.||Designation||Name||Phone, FAX and Mobile No.|
|1.||Secretary||Shri Mehul Desai ,GAS||(02836) 243345, (02836) 243363 (R), 09427209100|
|2.||I/c. Assistant Secretary||Shri R.D. Morabia , Joint Town Planner (Rapar Area Development Authority)||(02836)260505, (02836)265655 (FAX)|
|3.||I/c. Senior Supervisor||Shri R.D. Morabia , Joint Town Planner (Rapar Area Development Authority)||(02836)260505|
|NAME||DESIGNATION||PERMANENT/ DAILY WAGES/CONTRACT BASIS||TOTALEARNING|
|SHRI MEHUL DESAI, GAS, DEPUTY COLLECTOR,ANJAR||SECRETARY||PERMANENT||PERMANENT (At present holding additional charge)|
|SHRI R.D. MORABIA , JOINT TOWN PLANNER (RAPAR AREA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY)||I/C. ASSISTANT SECRETARY||PERMANENT||ADDITIONAL CHARGE|
|SHRI D.K. BHARYA||JR. CLERK CUM I/C. SAC||PERMANENT||Rs. 49,100/-|
|SHRI MANOJ TIKYANI||SUPERVISOR||CONTRACT BASIS||Rs.29,000/- Fixed pay|
|SMT. GAYATRI GUPTA||SUPERVISOR||CONTRACT BASIS||Rs.29,000/- Fixed pay|
|SHRI KAMAL LAKHWANI||COMPUTER OPERATOR||DAILY WAGES||Rs.20,00/- Fixed pay|
|SMT. PUSHPA KATARIA||CLERK||CONTRACT BASIS||Rs. 10,500/- Fixed pay|
|SHRI SURESH GUSAI||PEON-CUM-DRIVER||DAILY WAGES||Rs. 13,000/- Fixed pay|
|SHRI SURESH T. BHANUSHALI||PEON-CUM-DRIVER||CONTRACT BASIS||Rs. 7,700/- Fixed pay|
|SHRI DILIP V. GOSWAMI||PEON-CUM-KHALASI||CONTRACT BASIS||Rs. 7,700/- Fixed pay|
|SHRI KUSHALGAR M. GUSAI||CHOKIDAR||THROUGH SECURITY||Rs. 9,322/-|
The District Magistrate Kutch and Chairman GDA hold additional charge of the Chairmanship of the GDA.
The Assistant Collector Anjar holds additional charge of the Secretaryship of the GDA.
Previously the budget of office of the GDA regarding its income and expenditure were being sent to the Government of Gujarat for obtaining grant in aid from the Government. Since now the position of the GDA is sufficiently sound, no any grant is being demanded form the Government of Gujarat & that the GDA is a self dependant institution.
The details of receipt and expenditure of the Authority for the year 21-22 was sent to the state Government vide this office letter no. 2GDA(1)/21/47 dt. 07-04-2022. According to which the receipt and expenditure area s under:
|01||Savings at the end of the financial year 2020-21 carried Over the year 2021-22||8,75,56,463=20|
|02||Grant-in-aid received from the State Govt.||-Nil-|
|03||Recoveries of advance made from the staff||200=00|
|04||Collection of Building Welfare Cess||2,45,87,559=00|
|05||Other final receipts of the Authority||10,46,81,044=00|
|SR. NO||EXPENDITURE & SAVINGS||AMOUNT|
|01||Expenditure for the year 2021-22||90,79,501=00|
|02||Building Welfare Cess Deposited in Sub-Try. Office G’dham||2,43,41,683=00|
|05||Unforseen Exp. Fund (GSFS FDR)||11,00,00,000=00|
|06||Balance from Grant-in-aid & other own receipts of the Authority at the end of financial year 2022-23||4,61,03,882=20|
The Authority for granting approval/permissions to the various Authorities & the public, takes charges as application fees & deposits as well as composition charges for compounding of offences otherwise permissible.
In same cases concession is being given in composition charges after placing the matter before the Board of GDA after earthquake hits on 26-01-2001.
All the information’s are accessible for the public during the office hours of the GDA on working days & according to Right to Information Act. Information available are being supplied to the public.
The Government of Gujarat vide its Resolution No. PRCHH-1020005-4963-V dt. 05-10-2005 issued by the Urban Development and Urban Housing Department has appointed Assistant Public Information Officer, Public Information Officer and Appellate Authority for Gandhidham Development Authority under Section 5 (1)(2) under RTI Act as under:
|NAME OF DEPARTMENT||ADDRESS||ASSISTANT PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER||PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER||APPELLATE
|Gandhidham Development Authority||Gandhidham Development Authority
Post Box No. 31
|Administrative officer or any class II officer||Sr. Supervisor